1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend a running app for android?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

There are lots of couch to 5k style apps but I don't know which is best. all have similar reviews. What a really want is one I read about ages ago and can't remember what it is called. Apparently a voice tells you to walk then run and gives encouragement. I'm not interested in all the times and distances being logged per se but I do need something to start me from scratch and keep me going. Any recommendations? Oh and if one comes with *decent* (I know that's a matter of taste) loaded then even better....

2. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

There are lots of couch to 5k style apps but I don't know which is best. all have similar reviews. What a really want is one I read about ages ago and can't remember what it is called. Apparently a voice tells you to walk then run and gives encouragement. I'm not interested in all the times and distances being logged per se but I do need something to start me from scratch and keep me going. Any recommendations? Oh and if one comes with *decent* (I know that's a matter of taste) loaded then even better....

3. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I used 'C25k Lite' for android, which just played a ding when I had to switch between running and walking. I don't like the voice because I prefer to listen to my own music whilst running. However, I believe the 'full' version of this app has the voice with the encouragement you are after. It's a good app. Doesn't do anything fancy, but very useful.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I have 5K Runner. First week is free and then you can choose to pay a pound or two if you want to continue x

5. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Thanks chaps. I'll try one of these....

6. Are you thinking of Running Mate, voiced by the lovely Todd? I use it on my ipod and iphone and they also have a facebook page (just search for Running Mate) and a website.
    http://runningmatemedia.com/

7. teacher-ch

teacher-ch New commenter