1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone kindly recommend any videos/clips etc

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Faldamir12, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Hi all,

I am busy planning a lesson on how and why attitudes to the roles of men and women have changed in the UK.

My intention is to show a relatively humorous, but nonetheless important, clip of sexism as a way of getting the children to discuss what attitudes were/are like and why this has changed.

Could anyone suggest any other clips (from YT, videos etc) which may be of use.

Many thanks and happy new year!

2. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Hi all,

I am busy planning a lesson on how and why attitudes to the roles of men and women have changed in the UK.

My intention is to show a relatively humorous, but nonetheless important, clip of sexism as a way of getting the children to discuss what attitudes were/are like and why this has changed.

Could anyone suggest any other clips (from YT, videos etc) which may be of use.

Many thanks and happy new year!

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

something like (and i know its old school) vicar of dibley when dawn french 1st takes over

4. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

If you go onto my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/matryoshkadoll
    scroll down the side to equality and the roles of men and women. There is a short Harry Enfield sketch that is quite funny. It's only two minutes long, but it does get the girls shouting out about how sexist it is. I have also used the Vicar of Dibley 'arrivial of the new vicar' sketch in the past. But in order to do it justice, you may need a bit of extra play time. It also depends on your audience. Enfield is short and snappy and for GCSE, I find time is of the essence. I only get one hour a week for a full course.
    Hope this helps

[​IMG]

5. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Thank you all for your help. It will be used with my top set GCSE yr 11, so I am sure they will enjoy this.

Thanks again!

6. Hi, I don't know if anyone watches "The Apprentice" but a few weeks ago they had a marketing campaign for cleaning products. One team went for a overtly sexist, 1950s ad. Might be worth picking it up - wikipedia will have the episode title and the team, then just you tube search the advert.

It was hilarious, and subtle if you wanted them to pick out the sexist elements. (might be worth getting Lord Sugar's views on it as well - they were just as hilarious!)