1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help me with Promethean Activotes please?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by pmp4, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi

I have inherited a set of the Promethean Activotes. They are the little egg shaped voting systems. Unfortunately I do not have any instructions or software.

I have downloaded the latest version of ActiveInspire. I must just add that I am only familiar with SMART Notebook so this is a learning curve too.

I have looked on the Promethean website and can only find the quick start guide. This has helped a bit but the guide was not written for the version of ActivInspire I am using. The process for making a quiz does not match that of the guide. I have downloaded a few readymade quizzes from their site but I am still not confident on it all works. I would love to use them in my infant school but want it to be easy for the other teachers too. The kids will love them.

Does anybody have advice or other guides I could use please?

2. nqt04

nqt04 New commenter

Hi pmp4.

ActiVotes are a fantastic teaching tool. They do take a bit of practice, but are well worth the investment.

Have you had a look at Promethean's online course?
    http://www.prometheanplanet.com/en/professional-development/activlearning/free-courses/free-online-lrs-course.aspx

There's a flipchart here that covers device registration and question creation. If you are using the recently-released v1.5 of Inspire, the Question Wizard looks different, but the main ideas are similar. (You can download the flipchart if you have registered.) There is also very useful advice on the Community part of PrometheanPlanet.

http://www.prometheanplanet.com/en/Resources/Item/45271/utilizing-activvotes-in-the-classroom

Good luck! Your pupils will love using them.