1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help me to Write out the text with correct punctuation pls????

Discussion in 'English' started by martinqtls, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Write out the text with correct punctuation.
    Geoffrey Chaucer born in 1343 lived through some of the most unpleasant decades in English history not only was fourteenth-century England battered by the Black Death and the Hundred Years’ War but in 1381 came the Peasants’ Revolt employed as a civil servant and diplomat Chaucer was certainly aware of these dreadful events in spite of this his most famous work ‘The Canterbury Tales’ is filled with humour and exuberance.

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Geoffrey Chaucer, born in1343, lived through some of the most unpleasant decades in English history. Not only was the fourteenth century England battered by the Black Death and the Hundred Years' War, but in 1381came the Peasants' Revolt. Employed as a civil servant and diplomat, Chaucer was certainly aware to these dreadful events; in spite of this, his most famous work 'The Canterbury Tales' is filled with humour and exuberance.

3. gruoch

gruoch Established commenter

There's someone's homework done, then.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not necessarily as I think I'd need a couple of hyphens in one of those phrases (deliberate vagueness you notice but for you gruoch the reference to time used as an adjective.)

5. rustyfeathers

rustyfeathers Occasional commenter

OP, please try it yourself. Homework is set so that we can see where you need support. Getting a perfect answer from a teachers' forum isn't going to help you long-term.