1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help me regarding setting up a new GCSE?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by chocoholic2007, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am looking at setting up Edexcel GCSE Drama and I am a little worried / concerned about how to do it. I have taught Edexcel and am happy organising the curriculum etc and I am familiar with the assessments etc, but I have not set up a GCSE from scratch before and could do with the advice please. Is there a process I need to follow? how long does it take to set up the course etc?
    Thank you

A concerned and slightly worried individual.

2. Hi chocolholic! What do you mean by setting up? You mean apply to run the course at your centre? If so, then I'd recommend you see your exams officer.

3. Hi Crunchynut
    Thanks for that,
    basically there has not been a gcse at the school before and we want to introduce it, I cam familiar with the course etc but wasnt sure about running the course and what I would need to do so we could offer edexcel gcse.
    But looks like ill hva e a chat with the nice chappy in the office!!!

Cheers