1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help? Leaver's assembly song.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by louiseelsiet, Jun 12, 2011.

1. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

Hi,
    I remember seeing "Is this the way to Amarillo?" written with alternative lyrics to use as a leaver's assembly song. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to find it, I can't remember where I saw it! [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

In an old thread someone wrote:
    When my year 6 class left 2 years ago, they had wrote their own song - to the tune of 'Is this the way to Amarillo?' only the words were 'Is this the way to High school' They'd changed the verses to so it was personal to what they remembered best about our school over the years. It was very funny and a good one for everyone to join in with!
    Other mentions in the forum all seem to suggest writing your own words that fit with the melody. Changing the title to Is This the Way to Leave ....

3. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

This is all I could find too. I remember seeing it somewhere with an example, maybe not this site then! I got the children to rewrite part of the song on Friday but was just going to look for a few more ideas. Thanks for your help Marlin!