1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone figure this one out?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chewits232, May 2, 2011.

1. I dated a guy over 10 years ago for three years. I was very young at the time and finished it because it was too serious. He was devastated and said he would never date another girl again. Six months later I contacted him again to say I had made a mistake only to discover he had a new girlfriend and didn't want to know me. I was now the one to be devastated and it took me years to get over it because I blamed myself for naively finishing with him in the first place.
    Ten years later both he and I are on the same dating website. He contacted me and said it would be nice to meet up with me to catch up. I agreed and gave him my number. We never did meet because he kept saying he was busy and I presumed he got cold feet about the whole thing which is fair enough.
    Just recently he has been in contact again and asked to meet. He asked which day of the week would be the best to meet on. I told him which days I was available and I haven't heard a thing from him since.
    I can understand someone getting cold feet the first time. But why do it again to me? Is he just playing a cruel joke? Would appreciate any possible explanations and any suggestions what to say if he asks again!

2. I dated a guy over 10 years ago for three years. I was very young at the time and finished it because it was too serious. He was devastated and said he would never date another girl again. Six months later I contacted him again to say I had made a mistake only to discover he had a new girlfriend and didn't want to know me. I was now the one to be devastated and it took me years to get over it because I blamed myself for naively finishing with him in the first place.
    Ten years later both he and I are on the same dating website. He contacted me and said it would be nice to meet up with me to catch up. I agreed and gave him my number. We never did meet because he kept saying he was busy and I presumed he got cold feet about the whole thing which is fair enough.
    Just recently he has been in contact again and asked to meet. He asked which day of the week would be the best to meet on. I told him which days I was available and I haven't heard a thing from him since.
    I can understand someone getting cold feet the first time. But why do it again to me? Is he just playing a cruel joke? Would appreciate any possible explanations and any suggestions what to say if he asks again!

3. Thank you for all your replies.
    You can block people on the site. However he has communicated with me by text because I gave him my number when he first asked last summer.
    He has a close up picture of himself on this site and his real first name underneath it so I would be surprised if he was married and is also advertising himself as single!!