1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can an EYFS Coordinator teach in nursery?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by moomin73, May 16, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have a very big dilema [​IMG] As i have too much experience and that i should be the bigger class ! i am naturally devastated as i love my job. I can understand they want the best for the children and so do i, but i can't help feel that nursery has been overlooked, there may only be 13 children per group but nursey are very needy and need the guidance of an experienced eyfs teacher not a teacher who needs constant support! I have supported her so much over the year and fear when i am in rec will be doing 2 jobs. I know i haven't got much say in this i have to follow my leader but has anybody else experienced anything similar ?
    thanks
    lucy

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Our nursery teacher is also the EYFS coordinator and I know that is true in a number of local schools but as you say the ultimate decision is with the head.