1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

can a shared write be classed as TFW?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mcfcmufc, May 23, 2011.

1. I'm a bit behind with some work that has to be finished for Friday. We are trying TFW at the moment. we have leanrt a story with the actions. we have 'invented' a new story loosly based on the same idea. have done our story maps for both stories. but, there simply isn't enough time left for the children to write their own stories. So, I thought we could perhaps do a shared write with each child writing at least 1 sentence. My less able will perform the story and provide the drawings.

i think it should be ok, but am i right?

thanks

2. Hi
    Sounds ok, could you not send it home as a little project for the holidays (particularly for the ha who would probably love the challenge)
    Last half term we based ours on The 3 Billy Goats Gruff - children really got into it and learnt the story really well. They began making their own versions at school but they took so long as the children were putting so much detail into them using the descriptive language that I didnt want to rush them so I sent it home with a letter for parents to explain what it was about and encouraged them to bring it back to school to 'show it off' which they loved. Had some really good stories (although some parents had clearly spelt out every word for their child instead of letting them try to do it independently!)
    x

3. Thanks for the reply. I cant send it home as it would probably get lost on its travels! And the work has to be in Friday. Grrr