1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can a secondary qualified teacher teach primary?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Beager-Girl, Feb 7, 2007.

1. I was wondering whether a secondary teacher can teach at primary level? i am teaching in a secondary school but would like to move into primary? any ideas anyone?

2. I was wondering whether a secondary teacher can teach at primary level? i am teaching in a secondary school but would like to move into primary? any ideas anyone?

3. the answer is yes, a teacher can teach all levels. I was secondary teacher then I taught primary which I enjoyed better. Now I teach adults peace of mind

4. Sarahmck86

Sarahmck86 New commenter

I started as a secondary teacher, went for an interview in 2010 at an all through (3-16) academy for a year 7 role, got offered year 5 which I accepted and loved. Then got moved about due to restructuring within the academy. After having my son I moved to a secondary school closer to home and hated it. I applied for a primary school, got interviewed and given a year 5 role which I can't wait to start in September