1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can a school be forced to reveal the pay structure of its staff?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by September, Mar 13, 2011.

1. September

September New commenter

I worked in a previous school where at the start of each year the HT would publish the roles of every member of staff and also any TLR or Leadership spine that their job was worth but not their MPS or UPS value
    eg
    Mr X English teacher
    Mr Y Subject Leader English TLR 1b
    Mr T Geography Teaher
    Miss Z Assistant Headteacher L12-16
    HeadTeacher L50-55
    Mrs P Mathematics Teacher / G&T Coordinator TLR 2c
    and so on. This allowed for clear transparancy of how responsibility points were paid and hence people were not just given money for nothing. It also meant that similar roles were paid similar money eg Head of Core subjects paid on certain TLR,Heads of Year paid on a certain scale and so on.
    I have asked at my current school if this information can be issued but they have said no.
    Can i push for the information or should I get my union to do it?

2. September

September New commenter

I worked in a previous school where at the start of each year the HT would publish the roles of every member of staff and also any TLR or Leadership spine that their job was worth but not their MPS or UPS value
    eg
    Mr X English teacher
    Mr Y Subject Leader English TLR 1b
    Mr T Geography Teaher
    Miss Z Assistant Headteacher L12-16
    HeadTeacher L50-55
    Mrs P Mathematics Teacher / G&T Coordinator TLR 2c
    and so on. This allowed for clear transparancy of how responsibility points were paid and hence people were not just given money for nothing. It also meant that similar roles were paid similar money eg Head of Core subjects paid on certain TLR,Heads of Year paid on a certain scale and so on.
    I have asked at my current school if this information can be issued but they have said no.
    Can i push for the information or should I get my union to do it?

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

No names should be included, but otherwise a basic staffing structure should have been issued for consultation when it was first implemented and should still be available.
    It's probably more likely to be in the form of list of key posts and the TLRs attached, with other roles listed and grouped, e.g.
    Maths Department
    Head of Department - 1.0 FTE - TLR 1a
    Assistant HoD - 1.0FTE - TLR 2a
    Teachers - 8.5FTE - MPS/UPS
    or similar.