1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can a school be any worse?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by CarrieV, Dec 2, 2018.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

2. MrMedia

MrMedia Lead commenter

Staff in the Kindergarten use physical interventions regularly and inappropriately with children. They pull children up from the floor, carry them across the room and force them to sit upright. Staff report that this is common practice and that incidents of physical restraint also occur and are not reported

catbefriender and Jamvic like this.
  3. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Established commenter

Oh my God! Utterly disgraceful.

catbefriender likes this.
  4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Wow!
    Yet, when you read the staff page on the website, they are all experienced and well qualified staff!

5. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Senior commenter

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

"The school was unable to evidence that all staff had been checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service. Recruitment records show that previous employment history is not adequately checked, and job applications are not always expected. Some staff have been appointed because they are known by the school and not because they have been thoroughly appraised to check that they have the necessary skills and experience."

6. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

saw the name "steiner" and didn't look any further.

I looked into these schools last time I was job hunting, and honestly couldn't believe what I found out.

some steiner beliefs:

1. reincarnation. If you are very very good, you get to be reincarnated white, if you are nearly there, Asian, but if you have failed absolutely as a human being, black.

2. Guardian angels. Teachers have no safe guarding responsibility because each child has a guardian angel, who makes sure the child only gets as much bullying, disabiity, injury, illness or unhappiness as they deserve. If they actually die, thats fine, see point 1.

3. Eurethmy. Special dances are all the medical intervention ever required, not doctors or anything like that. If a child is ill, then they deserve it ( see point 2) and if they die, it doesn't matter ( see point 1)

4. Gnomes. The world is run by gnomes, and you have to cast spells to make crops grow.

5. telepathy. It is no surprise that they don't need police checks or qualifications from their staff, they only require that their staff are telepathic. If they are, that is all the qualifications they need.

etc

This is a cult.

It is also a cult with a massive multinational legal department that might well get this thread pulled.

7. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

It might get the thread pulled but presumably ( and thankfully) not the OFSTED report.

There are not many times that I am grateful for OFSTED, this might be one of them!

bessiesmith likes this.
  8. ABCCBA123321

ABCCBA123321 Occasional commenter

I think the only worse sounding educational establishment I've come across is my daughter's Playmobil school where the children regularly balance on the roof, go on school trips to be locked in the tomb room in pyramids and there's a hospital next door for all the broken legs and bumped heads!

(When I get really bored I have been known to compose imaginary Ofsted reports for that toy school)

9. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

@dunnock Definitely not my type of school. :eek:Thanks for the info.

10. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

:D:D:D:D:D

agathamorse and dunnocks like this.