1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Campus

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2799, Apr 12, 2011.

1. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I'm a huge fan of Green Wing so I've been looking forward to this.
    Channel 4, starts in a moment. Anyone else giving it a go?

2. It started last week.
    I found it both amusing and profoundly irritating at the same time.

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I must've missed the first one, dammit

4. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Also a HUGE Green Wing fan so was looking forward to it.... I agree with the other posters that have said it was trying too hard. I won't give up on it yet though.

5. Watched the second episode.
    Sort of failing in between "The Young Ones", Tom Sharp's " Porterhouse Blues" and "Little Britain".
    A bit slap stick for me.

6. Just watched the first episode. A lot of GW characters ie...English lecturer = Guy etc. But it lacks a Mac.

7. Thanks Bev. Harminder has sorted it and the person trying to log into my account was unable to log into their own account for a while as a punishment.

8. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Oooh sounds intruiging!

9. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

It also lacks a Dr Alan Statham.

10. lol sorry about that...wrong thread.
    Lacks an Alan Statham...sadly yes. Perhaps the maths /author could be a female version.

11. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

We do need a man with a 'tash and has a phobia of "midgets" (I couldn't think of the PC term hence the name in quote marks!)

12. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I just found him hilarious.

No Joanna Clore type yet either.

But the English lecturer is so much Guy that they may as well have called him Guy.

13. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

It could definitely do with a Statham and 'sidekick' Boyce - some of their scenes from Green Wing were completely hilarious, I wonder how many takes it took to get it right!

14. I think you've hit on a cult following of the brilliant Green Wing, curly. You should start an appreciation thread.

15. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

What a good idea. It's very rate I watch every single episode of something. I watched all of Green wing ( and frequently watch the box set) and the first 3 series of teachers. Apart from that I dip in and out of stuff.