1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Campaign for Real Education

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon1359, Mar 22, 2012.

1. What can people tell me about the Campaign for Real Education? I'm having it quoted to me as the holy grail of curriculum and that I'm failing their child by not covering the content!

2. What can people tell me about the Campaign for Real Education? I'm having it quoted to me as the holy grail of curriculum and that I'm failing their child by not covering the content!

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. Thanks Msz. I googled them and found theire website and some info on wikipedia. The parent who spoke to me about it made me think it was "experts", rather than parents and that confused me from the info on their site. I'm finding it rather frustrating discussing my curriculum and differentition to support the particular child as the parent believes it is the only correct curriculum and I am a "failing teacher who is ruining their child's future" by not following the curriculum and year group expectations. Before I discussed it further tomorrow I wanted to be sure that it wasn't based on the most academic research into the curriculum and learning styles, as the parent was implying yesterday! I was pretty certain it wasn't, but it could have slipped by me [​IMG]

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

It's often referred to on parents forums as the ideal

6. [​IMG] Ahhh! That's where it's come from. I'm on to a loser with this mum then ... the power of MN?