1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

campaign for one national exam board.

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by lancsHOD, Jan 21, 2012.

1. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

I really think it is time that we had one national exam board. Why?
    1. Parity of calculations guaranteed at least for those who sit the exam at the same time.
    2. Teachers should be concentrating on teaching students not on playing switching from one Awarding Body to another because it is 'easier for their students to achieve the GCSE grade C'.
    3. I have a hope that one national exam board would allow for more quality control so reduce errors.
    What do you think?

2. DM

DM New commenter

3. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

Thanks for that DM, it makes interesting reading.
    Maybe one exam board is a simplistic solution to a complex problem and would bring as many problems as it solves.
    So maybe what I really want is better regulated Awarding Bodies and improved quality control on exam papers.
    I have had a frustrating week and wish I could be trusted to educate children without extreme external pressure and perpetual media knocking. The way I was feeling when I posted yesterday morning was clouding my judgement.