1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Camille and the Sunflowers - literacy ideas???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by peeceee, Apr 22, 2008.

1. we did this in my mixed 1 and 2 class. the children loved the story... we made a newspaper, (i can email it to you),,, we had,,,a report on vincent, a report on his art, an interview with camille, a picture of one of his paintings and a postcard from the sunflower fields. I was so please with their work... then we did painting in art and we actually made the local newpaper because they were brilliant. If you'd like the plan, email me
    peeceee@btinternet.com

2. Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to email you for your plans too as I love the book!
    Brew.x

3. brewmeister, I emailed you back, hope it helps!

4. We did the story and the children loved it. Lots of creative work. Some of it is on our class website www.super-school.co.uk click Yr 2 07-08 and scroll down.
    The large sunflowers were made from paper plates, lots of tissue and pva, with seeds and sand mixed in for the middle of the flowers.

5. Hi,

My name is Stacey and I'm going to look at the same book with my year 3 class for the summer term, would it be possible to look at the plans you have and see if I can use them with my class. The book is lovely and i'm just gathering some literacy ideas to go with the book. Thanks, much appreciated.

Stacey

6. Hi there,
    I hope you don't mind but I found your thread and have just received a copy of Camille and the sunflowers and really want some ideas on how can introduce it to my Year One class. I am an NQT and have an assembly next week and would like to base it on the story also. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    x