1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cameron's dead

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Jul 4, 2020.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

He was beautiful when he was young. Did you intentionally write a click-bait style headline, modelmaker? I immediately thought of David Cameron.

Ro13 likes this.
  3. br0wnsugar

br0wnsugar Occasional commenter

4. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

It did occur to me that a clickbait headline might make people think David Cameron rather than Earl Cameron had died, but I was interested to see what the responses were and whether black deaths matter as much as the death of a white politician.

Indeed. Getting the first major role for a black actor in a British mainstream film was a significant achievement in itself.

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Hands up if you thought it was 'another' Cameron when you saw the title!!!

(that'll be me then!!):oops:

An amazing actor and what an age!!:)

Ro13 and bombaysapphire like this.
  6. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

A fine actor.

7. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

I doubt Earl would consider this a worthy tribute.

WB and Ro13 like this.
  8. WB

WB Lead commenter

Turning a man's death into a little test for others to pass or fail to satisfy your curiosity is a little disrespectful.

9. WB

WB Lead commenter

You then went on to respond.

Several people did. Interestingly you decided not to in your opening post then you criticize people who decided not to.

This thread was never about Earl Cameron. You were laying trap for people

DrLinus likes this.
  10. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I'm interested in the fact that the "likes" received to certain responses are all from the usual right-wing posters, which just goes to show that MM is correct as usual.

11. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

well one had some influence over my actual day to day life, and the other I have never heard of, so what is your point?

One controlled aspects of my day to day existance. The other might have worked harder, I don't know. I've never heard of most people who work hard, neither have you.

Again, what is supposed to be your point?

12. WB

WB Lead commenter

It proves nothing.

Many posters agree on various subjects. That does not prove they are right or wrong it is merely evidence if agreement.

Your post could be turned around to read:

I'm interested in the fact that the agreement to certain responses are all from the usual left-wing posters, which just goes to show that MM is incorrect as usual.

That would be just as pointless a statement.

DrLinus likes this.
  13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We saw him often in our local cafe. He'd come in and meet friends with his wife then quietly fall asleep.