1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cameras

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tina86, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Can anyone recommend a good digital camera that is easy to use but with good functions?
    I am torn between getting a Sony because of the sweeping panorama mode, however have just read some poor reviews about it, or getting a Canon which doesn't do this but has more favourable reviews.
    My budget is roughly £100
    Thanks

2. I have always had Sony cameras since my first digital ... never had a problem

My daughter has a nice Cannon that is great

*realises the uselessness of her comments and hides*

3. Thanks for the reply, now you understand the dilemma I am in!!
    As I said in the shop I would like a camera with panoramic mode the man was all for selling me the Sony, but everyone I speak to suggests Canon as a good brand and that photo quality is high.
    I hate making decisions, especially when the last one I bought (Olympus) was so bad.

4. I bought this one, a Fujifilm F80 about a month ago. it's an upgrade of the F30 I had previously.
    Easy to use, fantastic features including an excellent low light option, good zoom, and good battery life.
    I absolutely love it. I was already a fan of Fujifilm but this is way way better than I had expected.

5. I've had a Fujifilm finepix for a couple of years. My model is discontinued but the newer ones get good reviews. It's fine as a 'point and shoot' but has some great functions and a decent zoom. This model is similar to mine:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B00342UTPC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1304178149&sr=1-1
    The downside is that it's larger than a compact digital camera so needs a case as well.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

You need to decide how you'll use it first. For £100 you can get a very slim easy to carry and always-with-you camera but the trade-off is that the pictures won't be as good as one that is larger with a better lens and bigger sensor.
    Lumix have a good reputation and are a good balance of features.