1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Camera phone - do I need credit to use it for photo's?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Aug 6, 2011.

1. My views on mobile phones are fairly well known, but I have just acquired a camera phone. I have put the sim card in and charged it up. I have no idea how to use it - but can you please tell me if i need to top it up with credit beforehand, or will it take photo's without?

2. My views on mobile phones are fairly well known, but I have just acquired a camera phone. I have put the sim card in and charged it up. I have no idea how to use it - but can you please tell me if i need to top it up with credit beforehand, or will it take photo's without?

3. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Ha ha, you're worse that my Grandma! Camera phones take pictures even without credit, since you are not actually using any network to take a picture.

4. Eva_Smith

P.S. I'm going to let the rogue apostrophe slide this time, but don't do it again.

5. Ho ho very funny. Thank you dear. Not a rogue apostrophe though - photo(graph)s = photo's.

6. Gorgy, please make sure you take the film out of the camera in the dark. [​IMG]

Sorry, I couldn't resist [​IMG]

7. Be aware that when you take them it won't cost you anything but if you want to send them to anyone via text then it's highly likely this will cost extra-more than a standard text.

8. Yes, good point.

9. And make sure that you download any photos that you value to your pc/memory stick. My SIM card has failed and I have lost quite a few photos that are important to me that I have taken with my phone.

10. Eva_Smith

Nice try.

11. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Alas the apostrophe in photo's is inaccurate. Yes, you do use an apostrophe to indicate the omission of letters, but the rules are different if the letters omitted are at the end of the word. You would not (I suspect) write
    I took a photo' of the wonderful scenery

12. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

You should be able to send them to a computer using Bluetooth, which is free.

13. Or by plugging the camera into a PC using the cable that came with it!

14. I haven't worked out how to take a pic yet! And for those who have scoffed (Yes, you and I both know who you are, Teds) I have only sent one text in my whole whole life. A couple of years ago.
    When I have worked out what to do you can all have a photo of me if you like.
    And while we are discussing photos - mr G says it should be a full stop as it is an abbreviation. So we're ALL wrong!!
    X

15. I want to have this pulled now because everyone <strike>thinks</strike> knows I am a thick git.

16. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Well if you are, then so am I, gorgy!
    I prefer the phrase 'technologically challenged'. [​IMG]

17. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Where would he put the full stop? Photo.s?

18. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Indeed.
    Which is why the word influenza is abbreviated to 'flu and not 'flu'.

19. Gorgy, you should see me text - it would be quicker for me to travel to the person I'm texting and talk to them face to face.