1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Camera film plastic pots

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hay1, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I am in desperate search for the small plastic pots that camera films are kept in. I need them for a Science assembly we are doing where we are doing the experiment with water, an andrews antacid tablet and it makes the lid pop off.
    Does anyone know where I can get these pots? I have looked on the internet and in our resource books in school but no luck.
    Or if you can suggest anything else that might work just as well.
    Thank youfor any help you can offer!

2. Hello,
    I am in desperate search for the small plastic pots that camera films are kept in. I need them for a Science assembly we are doing where we are doing the experiment with water, an andrews antacid tablet and it makes the lid pop off.
    Does anyone know where I can get these pots? I have looked on the internet and in our resource books in school but no luck.
    Or if you can suggest anything else that might work just as well.
    Thank youfor any help you can offer!

3. There are some on eBay under 35mm film canisters.

4. When i neede some a few years ago i popped into the local photo developing centre at tesco and asked if they had any i could have. Had a whole trolley full! Gave me them free of charge as they just get recyled. [​IMG]

5. Harder to get these days as everyone moves over to digital cameras (we used to use tonnes of 'em to store things like PVA glue for the Brownies).
    Would a collecting box in a local college that does film/darkroom based photography courses be of use (yes there are still some of us out there who enjoy swooshing things around in trays full of chemicals to develop photos). I know it was a few years ago I did my photography A-level (I got bored so did a night class) but we still did darkroom based stuff then.
    Freecycle?
    Photo counters like someone mentioned but I think our local Tesco's has gone all-digital now .

6. roise

roise New commenter

TTS sell them quiet cheaply as a science resource.
    http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1726848/Small-Pots/?rguid=b607f396-f85c-4771-ab7f-285ed0db09ce

Good luck with your assembly!

7. Thats a good idea - thanks!

8. Thanks so much for the link - perfect!!! These will be ordered tomorrow - and come in packs of 50! Excellent. My science club will be so pleased they can do this now in assembly!