1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Camden secondary headteachers proposal to remove Recruitment and Retention (R&R) payments ...

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by bicho, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Camden's secondary headteachers have proposed to remove Recruitment and Retention (R&R) payments over the next few years for new teachers and a reduction to existing teachers by 2013...but they won't touch their own pay!
    Our payements are already frozen for the next 2 years and now this, together with the pensions cut proposals...do they really think that we are that overpaid!?
    Are you affected by this?, would you follow any union action against this proposal?

2. Camden's secondary headteachers have proposed to remove Recruitment and Retention (R&R) payments over the next few years for new teachers and a reduction to existing teachers by 2013...but they won't touch their own pay!
    Our payements are already frozen for the next 2 years and now this, together with the pensions cut proposals...do they really think that we are that overpaid!?
    Are you affected by this?, would you follow any union action against this proposal?

3. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

As these payments are entirely at the discretion of the heads, I don't see that there's any action that can be taken to force the heads to keep them.
    By the way, I've replied to you PM.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

There has been no R&R in my LEA for years!!