1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge TEC L3

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by wkaloumenos, Feb 27, 2012.

1. wkaloumenos

wkaloumenos New commenter

I am slightly concerned over the number of units you need to complete, typically we have around 6 (for an A level equivalent), in this case we have 9? Are the units smaller in size/requirements or have I misread it? Some lovely looking units though so I am hoping it'll be a worthwhile replacement to the L3 Nationals - which we currently really like!

2. We're moving away I believe due to the number of units needed and the difference in the units compared to OCRL3

3. "This unit demonstrates the types of information held in the workplace, how it can be used to gain a
    competitive edge and how it must comply with legislation"

*yawn*

4. Not sure if you are aware but it has now been confirmed that the Cambridge TEC will carry the same UCAS points as the BTEC L3 Equivalent

5. Unfortunately, for the type of school I teach in, this is the only choice.
    At the moment, the fact that the London introductory course is next week and I, along with colleagues will be striking is far more of a **** off than the crappy content; I 've come to expect that.
    A little bit of forward planning would have been helpful.

6. Please be aware that they will not count towards your school's 5A-C.
    from an email they sent me:
    Cambridge TECs do have UCAS points, the UCAS site is due to be updated shortly with the values. If you would like these now please let me know which size Cambridge TEC you were looking at.

The Cambridge TECs will not count in the headline KS4 performance tables. (5 A*-C GCSE) as they do not have an external examination.

The Department for Education have not confirmed yet how other measures will be calculated in the revised tables so we cannot advise yet what other measures they will contribute to.

7. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

It should not count at level 2 but I suspect may do for level 3 as the course is 16-19 (not 14-16)