1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge primary pgce interview 2011

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by emmabaxter, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Hello

I have recently found out that I have an interview at Cambridge in January 2011. I have been told that the interview will consist of a group interview, a 2 minute talk on a "worthwhile learning activity" (without use of visual aids) an individual interview and a written task on an article that I have been sent.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advise for me. Does anyone happen to know what the group activity involves or the kind of things they will be looking for with regards to the presentation?
    Any help would be very much appreciated. I would like to be as prepared as possible.

Thankyou

2. Congratulations on being invited to an interview.
    I would suggest that you contact Cambridge directly, as they may be able to provide guidance regarding what the group activity usually consists of. The TDA website provides interview hints and tips, as well as an interactive interview tool that you may find useful (www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/apply-for-teacher-training/help-with-your-interview).
    I hope this helps.
    Graham Holley

3. Thanks Graham

4. Hi Emma.
    I have an interview aswell. So nervous. Do u know if there will be a maths test?
    How is your prep going? What do you make of the article? X

5. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

I've just had my Cambridge interview. The 1/2 day is exactly as set out in the letter - there is no maths test.
    On the written task you are expected to have the paper with you, complete with whatever notes you have made on it. The presentations were all very individual - we each chose very different things to talk about, but they do keep you to 2 mins then ask a couple of follow-up questions. The group tasks are actually quite good fun!
    Good luck

6. Thank you for responding, my interview is monday. My main worry is the article, I have looked at it from many angles but I have no idea what they will ask, and am so worried I havnt read it the right way.
    help me, im nervous
    x