1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge Primary Checkpoint tests

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by missb87, Jan 20, 2016.

1. missb87

missb87 New commenter

Hello,
    I'm working at an international school in Asia as a year 6 teacher. My class do the end of year 6 Cambridge Checkpoint tests but (due to lack of help/support from other, senior, members of staff) I can't seem to find out if the children are allowed tracing paper or mirrors in their maths exams.
    I thought that they would be allowed because in the SATs they are but if anybody could help verify then I'd really appreciate it....?
    (I have tried emailing Cambridge but no reply).

Thanks in advance!

2. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee New commenter

I teach CIE English so can't help directly
    Doesn't it say anything on the front of the past Checkpoint Maths papers themselves (on the CIE main website)?
    Have you tried the teachers' forum? If you have a logon (set up by your exams officer/CIE lıason person in school) then try here: https://teachers.cie.org.uk/login_form?came_from=https://teachers.cie.org.uk/index_html
    If I remember-if as I'm moving house at the mo-I'll ask the maths people at school
    (Something tells me it's a no though)

3. cuppacoffee

Forgot to ask the Maths people but just copied this from the front of Paper 1
    "MATHEMATICS 0845/01 Paper 1 For Examination from 2014 SPECIMEN PAPER 45 minutes Candidates answer on the Question Paper. Additional Materials: Pen Protractor Pencil Tracing paper (optional) Ruler"
    "MATHEMATICS 0845/02 Paper 2 For Examination from 2014 SPECIMEN PAPER 45 minutes Candidates answer on the Question Paper. Additional Materials: Pen Protractor Pencil Calculator Ruler Tracing paper (optional)"
    You can see for yourself here (no logon required):http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-an...ambridge-primary-checkpoint/support-material/

4. azmufti

azmufti New commenter

yes. use of tracing paper is allowed in Maths grade 6 and grade 8 both as mentioned on cie web site.

5. shfnzshfnz

shfnzshfnz New commenter

please my son is sitting for the primary heckpoint CIE grade 6.
    Other than the cie website and anothor site: intereseu.com, I cant find past papers and marking schms.

Please email any resources or links with the same to to shfnzshfnz@gmail.com

Thank you.

6. cuppacoffee

Hi
    His teacher has access to past papers on the CIE primary teachers' website

7. shfnzshfnz

shfnzshfnz New commenter

no his teacher does not hv as first time the school is offering check point primary.

someone pls help.
    tks