1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge Nationals questions

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by brassica, Mar 22, 2012.

1. The cambridge nationals have as one of the two mandatory units a 'computer systems' unit. In addition looking at the optional units there is also the 'technical strand'
    Would this satisfy the desire for a more computing/computer science approach or can that only be met with a GCSE in Computing?

2. The cambridge nationals have as one of the two mandatory units a 'computer systems' unit. In addition looking at the optional units there is also the 'technical strand'
    Would this satisfy the desire for a more computing/computer science approach or can that only be met with a GCSE in Computing?

3. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

It depends on whose "desire" you're talking about - Government have not made it at all clear what they expect, and in fact have muddied the waters even further by disapplying the ICT curriculum (a lot of schools I know have taken this to mean they can instead dumb down even further and pay no attention to the push for more Computing). If your head has a desire for Computing to be introduced, why not ask him/her?
    In general though, no, I wouldn't have thought the two compulsory modules for the new Nationals would satisfy anyone that you're serious about bringing Computing into ICT. The technical strand though, does look a lot more focussed in that direction, especially the programming bit.

4. lindaonye

lindaonye New commenter

Hello all- Urgent help required..

I work in a London school that will be delivering the Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Science for the very first time (and only time) in September 2016 as it will cease to exist (last certification 2018).

We have absolutely no resources for this course and would like to know if you would be kind enough to send us any resources that you may have, especially for the R072 unit (How scientific ideas have developed). We appreciate that time and effort would have gone into making your resources, however we also hope that you can sympathise with the position that we are in. Your resources would help me plan the lessons during my summer holiday. As a goodwill gesture, we are happy to share any relevant resources with you for any course(s) that we may both deliver in our science departments.

Kind regards.

L.King

5. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Not sure wjy you are posting in a ICT forum for science resources?

6. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

So you want all our resources so you can have an easy Summer? Naaaaa. You've got no chance. On your bike.