1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge Nationals in Business and Enterprise

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by snapcrackleanna, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Our school has decided to deliver the new Cambridge Nationals in Business and Enterprise qualification from September. As this is a brand new course, there are no resources available online.
    Is anyone else planning to deliver it?
    If so, would you be interested in sharing the workload of creating new resources - perhaps with both or each school preparing a scheme of work and sharing these?

2. Hi,
    We are also doing Cambridge Nationals in Business Enterprise from September....I would like to share resources. Am currently about to start planning for the first mandatory unit.
    Cheers,
    Jude

3. This is a vocationally-related qualification that takes an engaging,
    practical and inspiring approach to learning and assessment. The
    Cambridge Nationals in Business and Enterprise provides students with a
    broad foundation of knowledge required for further study in business
    including the different types of business, career planning

approach anxiety

4. hlcoups

hlcoups New commenter

5. of knowledge required for further study in business including the different types of business,[​IMG]

6. ranjanm

ranjanm Administrator Jobseekers' Forum Host Institute Enrolment Advisor

check this

7. hlcoups

hlcoups New commenter

Hi, the earlier link may not have been working properly - hopefully solved now if you want to download a presentation for the first topic of RO61, just look under product details for presentations

http://www.time2resources.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=108

Regards Helen

8. Hi I am also going the qualification. I am currently delivering Unit 10 Customer Service, this qualification is shared between two teacher however would like to share resources, to cut down on the workload.

9. Hi all, our school has also planned to begin delivering this from september 2013, I went on the 'getting to knwo the specification' course, but I was just wondering if anyone is teaching it this year and can give me some guidance on the level of detail you need to go into on each topic.. and how you have planned to complete the units. These were a few questions I annoyingly forgot to ask. Any help/advice would be great, as I'm starting to compile my resources for next year.. my email is jade_1641@hotmail.com
    Mant thanks! :)

10. lauren664

lauren664 New commenter

Hello,
    I am guessing from the thread that you are all teaching this course.
    We have had huge problems with this course as we have found much of the information unclear as they keep changing their minds on how it is to be assessed.
    Has anyone been given any guidance on the coursework units being assesses as controlled assessment? We have phoned on 3 seperate occasions and been informed that it is not controlled assessment, but the notice to centres added in the last couple of days to their websites suggests otherwise.
    I have searched through everything and cannot find anything on the spec that matches what is written on the notice to centres.
    Does anyone have any advice from OCR that implies that is controlled assessment?
    Please help! With 6 school days to go until we must input results we are getting a little panicked!

11. staffam

staffam New commenter

Hi,

OCR have made no changes to "how it is to be assessed".

The recent notice to centres highlighs information that is already contained in the specification (Section 4.3, Page 24) about the use of templates/writing frames etc, and clearly refers to JCQ Instructions for conducting coursework.

Not sure whether that helps or not!

12. Hang on!
    OCR changed the assessment? OCR moved the goal posts?
    Surely not?
    (walks away having completed his dails 'sarcasm' task)

13. Hi Snap crackle Anna

My school has just dumped a change of course on me for September and we are going to this qualification.

The real problem is that they want me to deliver it in one year and i am a dept of just 1! If you have any schemes of work, resources etc it would be heartily appreciated!

Thanks in adavnce!

14. Hi,

How have you found the course so far?

I was passed two year 11 groups this September who started unit 1 and 2 last year but didn't finish them. I'm currently working through unit 3 (enterprise) which has been interesting, but testing! Do you have a contact number for someone at OCR who know's what they're talking about at all?

I have a few students who I just know won't follow through their business plan and actually run their enterprise - so I want to know how much planning they must complete in order to achieve P1.

I'm happy to pass on unit 3 resources if you plan to teach the unit.

15. mononoke

mononoke New commenter

Hi ShellSwaine,

I have been teaching 2 Year 10 classes Unit 1 since september. We are going to attempt the exam this January.

Have you had a look at the pre Release case study yet?

What are your thoughts?

16. staffam

staffam New commenter

Hi ShellSwaine,

I can certainly help. If you check your inbox, I've sent you a message with my contact details on.

Adrian

17. Dear Adrian,

Please would it be possible to have your thoughts on the Pre-Release case study.

I have sent an email to your inbox.

Kind regards

Becki

18. staffam

staffam New commenter

Hi Becki,

I'm afraid that I'm not allowed to comment upon live assessment materials, so can't comment upon the pre-release material.

My initial post was aimed at ShellSwaine's comments regarding talking to someone at OCR who can help with unit 3 (R063).

Adrian

19. Hi Guys

I have just started teaching this course this year. For year 10 I am trying to teach Unit 1 & 3 together. I would be SO grateful if anyone could provide me with any resources that would be relevant and helpful. I am not 100% sure of how a students work folder should look? has anyone got a clear break-down of exactly what is required.

Kindest Regards

Adrian

email: Adrian.wallett@riddlesdown.org