1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge Nationals ICT R002, R003, R004 marking scheme

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Massaaako, Oct 31, 2013.

1. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I would look at the assignment brief from OCR. Adapt it somewhat and do a dry run to teach learners the areas they need to know - thus the guided learning hours. Then they should be ready for the real thing.

2. magicaltouch

magicaltouch New commenter

I would love to see a copy of the A* work for R002 & R005, and R006 if thats ok. My email is global_fame@yahoo.co.uk
    my year 10's will be taking Unit R002 this term.

3. tonyuk

For an A* make sure you hit all the grading criteria with a lot of depth to show the pupils knowledge.

4. CHEZ2121

CHEZ2121 New commenter

Hi we are in the same scary boat, new deliverers.

I want to ensure that our marking and standardisation is robust, is there anyone we can send learner work (names redacted etc) and our mark sheets to to check we are barking up the right tree?

cheryl2121@live.co.uk if any experienced R002 people can have a look at 2 or 3 task 1's?
    Or anyone in Manchester area we could come by and connect?

Equally if you can share anything you have done I would be so grateful! Hate the idea of submitting, getting it all wrong, then resubmitting by which time the Year 11's have finished!

5. magicaltouch

magicaltouch New commenter

I would love to see a copy of the A* work for R002 & R005, and R006 if thats ok. My email is global_fame@yahoo.co.uk
    my year 10's will be taking Unit R002 this term.

Thanks

6. sugarkanke1

sugarkanke1 New commenter

Anyone got anything they would be willing to share on R003 - Happy to share R002 and R001 A* exemplar work of some of my students.

My email address is sugarkanke@yahoo.com

Thanks!

7. Rustyboy

Rustyboy New commenter

I know this is a really old post so you may no longer be able to help. However, I wonder if you can supply me with some exemplar work forR004.

Thanks Russ

8. lkerr624

lkerr624 New commenter

Hi new to this course. Would anyone have resources or sow for units R001,002,003and 004 that they would be willing to share? Thanks

9. tonyuk

I assume you mean the IT course as the ICT course is not counting on tables?

10. lkerr624

lkerr624 New commenter

No the ICT as we are in Northern Ireland and as far as I know it still counts on our performance table

11. dalesmith3

dalesmith3 New commenter

Has anyone been hit in the final year of this qualification, we have found that stuff previously not a problem has been ripped to shreds.

12. moebell975

moebell975 New commenter

Hi, I am also new to this course (teaching in Northern Ireland) and am muddling my way through as best I can. Just got marks back from R002 and was marked down across the board (8 marks). I am slightly worried now as I have seen a number of comments saying the marking by OCR is inconsistent and getting tougher.

Would anyone have any help or sample material for R002, 003 and 004 units as there is a definite feeling of flying blind with some of this stuff.

13. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

I had many years suffering coursework marks being "adjusted" with this exam board. They give you advice, you follow it, and the next year you get marked down again. They frequently will not commit their own advice to writing, and most annoyingly of all, insist on using sub-contractors rather than OCR employees as paid advisors to visit you for detailed personalised advice and feedback on coursework problems, but won't then be held responsible for the advice given by the subcontactors. IMO, they are a shockingly bad exam board, concerned more with arze covering than helping teachers.

Dorsetdreams likes this.