1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge Nationals Accredited

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by apmcarthur, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Calling any experts!

Does this mean the Cambridge Nationals WILL count on performance league tables?

2. Khashoggi

Khashoggi New commenter

Yes they will, but they will only be equivalent to a maximum of 1 GCSE on the league tables regardless of the qualification size.

3. If the new DIDA course is accredited... And a student does DIDA and Cambridge Nationals - Will that count as 2 on the new league tables?

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I would hope not - and if I were a college or an employer, I'd certainly be asking why someone had done two qualifications in the same subject. It didn't used to be allowed, but I know that there are schools that do both DiDA and ITQ, or both GCSE and BTEC Science, for example, and we all know that it's not done for the benefit of the students.

5. Well being honest... I'd like to do Cambridge nationals and some sort of computing science gcse or maybe dida and computing science. Surely digital applications and computer science would be considere two different subjects?

6. LinW2010

LinW2010 New commenter

We're intending to do Cambridge Nationals for all, plus computing GCSE for an options group. I'm assuming both will then count - the alternative was for the options to do the second half of Cambridge Nat, but that wouldn't count for the tables.

7. I wouldn't be so confident in assuming that - I don't think it will work out.

8. That combination should (I think) be OK.

I've asked previously and been told that Nationals / iMedia are an acceptable combination...