1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge International AS & A Level Computer Science

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Muddy3, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Muddy3

Muddy3 New commenter

Hi,
    Is anyone teaching this course, First time i am teaching 6th form and also this specification, i was wanting to find out if there is a best place to gain resources for this course?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Get the official book definitely, but don't put too much faith in it. A lot of the code doesn't compile and when I raised this with the author they said 'Oh, can you suggest code that does work?' However, it does give you a good idea of what the examiners are looking for.

Other than that I'm afraid there isn't much out there. Get yourself on the forum on the official website though

3. Muddy3

Muddy3 New commenter

Thanks for the reply T0ny, is there nowhere we could find and resources or any help, aside from the book.

Thanks

4. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

They have an official scheme of work but it's really not very good.

Join Zafar Ali Khan's Facebook group for the course but other than that and past exams you're a bit on your own

5. superseb

superseb New commenter