1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge IGCSE Literature Mock Grade thresholds/boundaries

Discussion in 'English' started by Nead2604, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Nead2604

Nead2604 New commenter

We have just finished the mocks for literature. I am struggling to figure out how the component numbers relate to the exams I have given so that I can understand the grade thresholds for the June 2015 series. Seems it should be simple and clear, but this is CAMBRIDGE and NOTHING is simple or clear! I am now marking the drama paper 3 open book exam. The grade boundaries for 2015 are published with a list of 'components' which are numbered 22-43 and one of them is a 5. Basically, how to I find out the component number for the exam I have just given? The syllabus says it is component 3, but of course there is no component three on the threshold. So how do I relate my marks to a grade boundary? I have been on the Cambridge site to no avail! Anyone have a clue? If any one has grade boundaries/thresholds for the May/June 2015 Literature and / or language and can tell me which test is which component....I would be eternally grateful!

2. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

Your mock is either component 31, 32, or 33.

There is one paper 3 for each "time zone". I forget which the UK is (presuming you're in the UK!). Different parts of the world have different papers, to avoid any information being leaked.

Look at the bottom of the paper for a code. It will be either 0486/31, 0486/32, or 0486/33. And that's how you find which one's yours.