1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge IGCSE in Business Studies

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by kevchenko13, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Morning emilyjessie and stingfan1000. If you register as a Cambridge centre you'll have access to the Teachers Support Site which includes a large bank of past papers, scheme of work and the latest Inset pack. There's also a Discussion forum where teachers of Cambridge IGCSE, O Level and A Level Business Studies from across the world share ideas and ask questions.
    Best wishes
    Kevin

2. kenickie

kenickie New commenter

Do you not think the syllabus looks a bit dull? It has all the external environment elements in it (which of course are important) but I feel make the course less accessible for middle of the road students who have picked GCSE Business Studies as a 3rd or 4th option. Where as, i feel, the current AQA exam spec keeps them more interested because it has less focus on the external environment.

Those that are still hooked then get to develop awareness of the external environment as they move through AS and A2 Business Studies? Just a thought really because I dont teach IGCSE but SMT are interested in moving many subjects across to it.

3. CanLah

CanLah New commenter

Taught IGCSE overseas nad back here now teaching Edexcel and I think the IGCSE offers a lot more and is a little more difficult. Certainly the exam papers with a lot more long answer questions (Paper 2) offer a real test. I liked it and felt as a teacher I had a lot more freedom when teaching it as could teach to the end rather than to units which is Edexcel. Don't know if that helps