1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language (0511) - scheme of work etc?

Discussion in 'English' started by cuyocksol, Sep 8, 2015.

1. cuyocksol

cuyocksol New commenter

I'm planning to start teaching a one-year course (4 hrs/week) of this English as a Second Language (E2L) qualification. This is a 1st time for me.

My school has bought the range of course books published by CUP written by P. Lucantoni (4th ed.).

So far I have only managed to find one 'scheme of work' on the Cambridge website. This SoW (written in 2013) is not at all mapped to the course book, and is not broken down into weeks. I'd be really grateful if anyone has a SoW (whether for one or 2 years), and especially if anyone else is using this particular book.

Many thanks

2. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee New commenter

Hi

Can't help directly as I don't teach that course. Is it CEFR C1 or C2?

However, I do teach CIE English in Primary and KS3 and was initially frustrated with the SOWs on the site.

My strategy is to ignore the SOWs as they are only suggestions of how to deliver the course and now make sure I cover what's in the LTPs for each stage (year group). If it's not in the coursebooks I have, I've just added my own resources. It's actually quite straightforward.

3. rpjc

rpjc New commenter

Hi there,
    Did you ever find an appropriate scheme of work? I am in the same boat as you were in 2015 and would appreciate some pointers if you are able!

Thanks in advance.

4. dsavy_5

dsavy_5 New commenter