1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cambodia teaching untrained teachers - best experience ever!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kateshutt, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Just returned from Cambodia after taking part in two 3 day workshops over two weeks training untrained teachers from rural schools. Most unreal experience ever! Teaching content and methodology for teaching maths Grades 1-3. Also took part in other programs working side by side with villagers and making new friends along the way- building, helping with a nutrition programme, Clearing land for building a new school. Also in did sightseeing - Angkor Wat. Visited Tuol sleng museum in Phnom Penh and Killing fields to get understanding of the local culture and hardship these beautiful people have faced. Went cycling with a guide to silk island, visited an NGO who train street kids to do art, drama and acrobatics and watched their amazing circus. so much crammed into 2 weeks. Exhausted but elated. My third time there. You must think about joining the team in August if you want an amazing experience in so many different ways, and meet some amazing people who join the team too.

2. hey fellow adventurers - give it a go!!

3. What organisation is this?

4. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Sounds thrilling. But smells of spam.

5. You'd think they'd have mentioned who the company was then!!! Advertising fail. :)

6. no definitely not spam but last time i put a post uup about the last trip it was taken down cos i mentioned the name and it was deemed advertising. If you want details, email me on kateshuttle@gmail.com.