1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling year 6 teachers....

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mirigirl, Jan 18, 2012.

1. mirigirl

mirigirl New commenter

Dear all,

I've just found out I will get my first classroom next year, and it will be Year 6. I don't have to teach to the framework (we're IB PYP), but I'd love your ideas, hints and tips on resources, and things I can do or buy to be ready. I have a daughter that age (I was late to teaching), and am working this year in the same school as a Learning support teacher in the year above, so I know about this age group more or less, and about where they need to be the following year.

I'm very excited, but as it is such an important year, I want to be prepared.

Thanks!

2. mirigirl

mirigirl New commenter

Although I hate to bump this - anyone?

3. You could have a look at pitch and expectations for Year 6 maths - examples of questions used in SATS.Have a look at APP level sheets for writing and get to grips with the terms - subordinate clasues, comma splicing etc. Good luck!