1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

calling experienced AQA GCSE people - which unit?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by san38, Mar 22, 2012.

1. san38

san38 New commenter

Hi all, have just got to the end of my first year with AQA and y10 will be sitting Unit 2 exam next week. I now need to decide whether to go for Unit 3 or 4 next year. Whilst I'm quite attracted to the philosophy unit and think it would be a good selling point for A level it does look challenging in comparision. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

2. san38

san38 New commenter

Hi all, have just got to the end of my first year with AQA and y10 will be sitting Unit 2 exam next week. I now need to decide whether to go for Unit 3 or 4 next year. Whilst I'm quite attracted to the philosophy unit and think it would be a good selling point for A level it does look challenging in comparision. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

3. pete14

pete14 New commenter

I think unit 3 fits in better with unit 2 as they are both based on ethics. However, I agree that unit 4 may be better preparation for A level although this of course depends on which A level spec you teach. Purely as a GCSE, I would go for unit 3

4. san38

san38 New commenter

Thanks Pete - and for previous advice on AQA. Yes, looking at it keeping to the ethical side of things would make it easier for students - religious teachings they have learned can still be applied etc.. Will have a think...

5. believe81

believe81 New commenter

I too do Unit 3 and finds it does link well with Unit 2. I have found that since the issues covered are very current, students are more engaged in the subject which does make it easier in the final year.

6. san38

san38 New commenter

Thanks beleive81.