1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling crafty/creative types!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Am still clearing my parents' house. I have not only found all the stuff we made for my Mum at school, but also some beautifully embroidered linen, pillowcases, sheets, tablecloths napkins, chair backs. I have brought some chairbacks home. I won;t use them as chairbacks though, and to be honest don't know what I can do with them. Any ideas please? I don't want just to keep them for ever and I don't want to get rid of them.

2. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Could they be converted into cushion covers? Or stretched into a frame to hang on the wall?

3. Lots of people would love it. Me, Kirsty Allsop for just 2!
    Yousay you don't want to keep them or get rid of them. That leaves upcycling them! How crafty are you?
    Pillowcases and the like can be made into summer dresses, pinnies, cushion covers with very little effort.
    Embroidered panels could go into bags, you could collage yourself a linen bag out of all the nice bits. Then it would be useful.
    A tube for carrier bags... just elasticate bothe ends and hang on the back of a door!
    All of the above is straight line sewing.
    I shall keep thinking! But you must know, lots of crafty types will be sneaking round your house hoping you wash them and hang them out to dry.... somewhere close to a path/hedge [​IMG]

4. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Cut them up and use them as dish cloths? Make dresses (Sound of Music like) for a horde of small children?

5. Fab ideas, it is why I have you! Thank you, pinnies is my fave so far, but they would definitely make little sun dresses.

6. You can Google pillowcase to dress or pinny and you will find blogs and youtube tutes.
    I have tried both and they were easy to make.

7. GrahamLawler

GrahamLawler New commenter

sell them on ebay?