1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling any helpful Historians!

Discussion in 'History' started by whistle4it, May 16, 2011.

1. Hello all,
    I am really an RE teacher and have done some KS3 History but have just been asked to teach a "naughty group" History GCSE (Edexcel) and write a scheme!
    I have had a look and am guessing they mean paper A as B seems to be an assignment. I haven't really a clue but I will have to work hard to get this sorted.
    Could anyone offer any advice, bits of schemes, resources and general info about the course...can't even see how the course is made up really.
    Thanks in advance! x

2. I'm not sure how it is with Edexcel, but don't these boards usually have schemes of work readymade
    As far as resources go, if the Edexcel syllabus is similar to the IGCSE (which is what I'm familiar with), then I would strongly recommend www.johndclare.net. Although it's a "revision" website, you can use it for a wide range of needs, including classroom teaching. Given your background as an RE teacher and having taught KS3 history, the site can also be somewhat of a refresher for you, before going on to design or teach a scheme. [​IMG]

3. Missed out on the question mark in the first line there. Sorry!
    http://www.johndclare.net/Advice_for_teachers1.htm. There's even a helpful guide about how to use the website! I promise I don't work for the guy; I just really love the stuff he's got on there. [​IMG]

4. Many thanks for this....the IGCSE is, I gather what has been taught this year to only 2 students. Will have a look x

5. check out the school history teachers forum - lots and lots of resources on there! Also try and get a copy of the textbook for the course, we use that as a base for our SOWs. Hope this helps?