1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all those who ttc for a long time before getting their bfp!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by emclare, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hi
    Have been ttc for a year now and going to be making a doc's appointment asap. In the meantime I was wondering whether any of you out there would be willing to share any tips on getting a bfp. Basically what I want to know is, if you were ttc for a long time before getting your bfp was there anything different you tried in the month(s) leading up to getting your bfp?
    Many Thanks

2. I was trying for 7 months so not that long really. I started using the cough mixture and preseed. I drank loads more water and ate as much fruit and veg as I could. I knew next month I would be taking clomid so i had kinda given up and just dtd becausewe wanted to. We also DTD every 3rd day as opposed to every other but this was more because I wasn't meant to ovulate until day 29 (I had irregular and long cycles) and this month I had already got my bfp on that date. I obviously ovulated much earlier than I thought.
    HTH's and good luck.

3. We were trying for around 18 months (if I remember rightly) and when I got my bfp we'd taken a couple of months off trying, gone on a big blow-out style holiday and just tried to stop obsessing about everything so much. In terms of diet I'd just eaten pretty much what I'd wanted on that holiday, but I had been doing a lot of running in the month leading up to it. No idea if this did anything but it's got to be good for all round health! I really wish you all the best with your journey, it's so hard to stay positive - I'll never forget that feeling. Just try to retain a glimmer of hope at all times. HTH

4. Thanks slc and La Mariposa.
    Thinking it might be time to take a break and stop googling etc!!!