1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Supply Teachers

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by airy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Thanks, airy! [​IMG]

2. I filled it in. It wasn't pretty.

3. Filled it in! [​IMG]

4. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Done!
    Got a call from PKC today for supply tomorrow Velma. They rarely ring me, so must be getting desperate! Thankfully tomorrow is one of my perm days.

5. I aim to please. [​IMG]

6. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

That's much better than a star anyday!

7. Hi Piglet
    I noticed on the thread about the reaction to the supply situation from our beloved cabinet secretary that PKC are not having any problems getting short-term supply cover. I would dispute that! Why, then, are they advertising and why do the adverts state that the salary scale will reach £34, 200. Surely based on the current rates for short-term supply, it would be impossible to reach that.
    I have turned down work from various LAs based on supply cover for a morning or afternoon and one or two of them are now not phoning me. I did make it clear that I would happily accept a full day, even at a distance but they weren't happy about that at all.
    Like you, I do have a permanemt contract and intend to stick with that but am now actively looking for an alternative to supply teaching. Mike Russell thinks he will solve the problem by training more fodder to take over the reins but why should they want to work for nothing anymore than we do!

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Because the salary scale will be re-instated once 'us lot' have been got rid of, perhaps?
    or
    Because the SG will be able to go ahead with the idea of a 3 tier work force - teachers, supply teachers on a Point 1 (5/7ths) and the equivalent of cover supervisors on minimum wage?

9. They advertise the full salary because "technically" you could earn that if you worked full-time on long-term supply.

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I think you may have misunderstood what part of the previous post piglet was questionning . . . .either that or i am indeed losing all my little multicoloured glass spheres filled with nice pretty flame shapes.

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Bum-p

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yip! and while I'm here I might do a 'bump' [​IMG]