1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all NQTs and beginner teachers out there...I would love your help!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by mikithomason, Oct 2, 2016.

1. mikithomason

mikithomason New commenter

What are your feelings about the teacher training provided for you by your uni or institution, and do you think it prepared you adequately for life in the classroom?

I would really love your views as I'm doing some postgraduate research on induction and training for teachers new to the profession- my plan is to devise a comprehensive resource which different institutions can use and edit to make it bespoke to them for their own NQTs and beginner teachers.

I'm still a practising teacher and my own training was okayish but inconsistent, and the things I learned myself over time in the first few years could have easily been part of some kind of more efficiently delivered training in the early days. Other colleagues have expressed the same feeling but I want to get a more general sense of how teachers who have recently trained, or are still training, feel.

I'm particularly interested in hearing about what you think about training in teaching strategies, current pedagogy and lesson planning.

I'd be more than happy to share the resource once it's done. (December/January)

Thanks!

2. mikithomason

mikithomason New commenter