1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all full-time mummies.... Pre-School?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by hhhh, Mar 9, 2012.

1. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Would your school let you do that! That would be great wow where do you work and any jobs going?
    Seriously, yes ask if that's what you want. He sounds lucky and it's great your grandparents or his actualy, sound fab. Good luck

2. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I use a childminder - she has my daughter from 7.30am and takes her to school and picks her up at the end of the day.

3. How does that work out for you madenglishgirl - how expensive is a childminder for that 1 hour in the morning?
    Does it not disrupt the LOs being handed to a childminder and then to a new pre-school? Not sure how I feel about that! Any other ideas?

4. There are definitely schools where the staff are allowed to start at say 9.30am, so they can do the school drop off. At my OH's school (secondary) there are at least 2 mums who have this arrangement. He does say that it upsets some of the other staff as it messes up timetabling for other subjects a bit. I imagine it would be impossible in a primary school but if you are a secondary teacher and have a good relationship with the management/timtable bods in your school than it can't hurt to ask if it would be a possibility?
    I'm lucky enough to work in a private school that has a nursery so from 3, my daughter will basically be 'coming to school with me!'. We didn't particulary want her to be privately educated but in terms of logistics, it's the easiest thing for us at the moment. Depending on what discount I can negotiate!