1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all cheap-holiday finders! NYC help!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SleighBelle, Jul 29, 2011.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

After our holiday to NYC was cancelled due to snow last Christmas, Mr Belle and I have decided to try again!
    We're planning on going during the October half term (22.10.11- 30.10.11) for four nights and would like a 3 or 4 star hotel, preferably in Midtown and close to the action! We're in the south west so have been looking at flights from London, but can be flexible and drive elsewhere.
    At the moment, I'm finding flights+hotel for around £1800 for the two of us. I know there are regular posters on here who are very, very good at finding deals and bargains and wondered if anyone would mind having a look for me??
    Also, any hotel recommendations would be very gratefully received!

2. SleighBelle

After our holiday to NYC was cancelled due to snow last Christmas, Mr Belle and I have decided to try again!
    We're planning on going during the October half term (22.10.11- 30.10.11) for four nights and would like a 3 or 4 star hotel, preferably in Midtown and close to the action! We're in the south west so have been looking at flights from London, but can be flexible and drive elsewhere.
    At the moment, I'm finding flights+hotel for around £1800 for the two of us. I know there are regular posters on here who are very, very good at finding deals and bargains and wondered if anyone would mind having a look for me??
    Also, any hotel recommendations would be very gratefully received!

3. I'm on the case. Will start with flights BRB!

4. The cheapest time to leave would seem to be the Saturday (22nd).
    23:20 EWR
    7h 55non-stop
    Return 26th
    20:00 LHR
    7hnon-stop
    £460 each

Would you class that as 4 nights though?
    If not, coming back on the 27th would be the same price!
    20:00 LHR
    7hnon-stop
    £460
    That would leave £441 for hotels each.
    If you use cashback you can get a bit of money back on those too. e.g 2.02 on Virgin hols using topcashback

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

The Roosevelt is a great hotel. I stayed there a few years ago x

6. I can't recommend a hotel but found...
    Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City =£660
    Mayor Hotel New York City =£ £535.79
    Hotel 91 New York City =£ £623.84
    Windsor Hotel New York City =££626.68
    Riverside Tower = £460.45
    Chelsea Inn New York City =££539.50

All 22nd-27th Oct so 5 nights really.
    cashback with some too!

So if you went with the cheapest of these it would come to about £700 each [​IMG]

7. SleighBelle

Ooohh! Thank you, EG! *goes to explore*