1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all budding writers who want to write about their day

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by TES_Community, Sep 4, 2015.

1. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hi all,

If you’ve ever harboured an interest in writing and you’re eager to see your name in print, then the following opportunity could be for you.

We are looking for teachers all over the world who are keen to tell their colleagues, where they live and work and further afield, about their working day. This is a chance to write about the unique circumstances in which you teach or the brilliance of your class. Your work would feature in ‘A day in the life of…’ series which is very popular with our readers.

The article itself should be 700 words, written in the first person, telling us what your average school day is like.

What works really well is lots of description of where you are, what your daily routine is, what the school is like etc. It shows the similarities and differences teachers face in schools around the world.

Below are some examples of teachers who have written for us:

https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=11006419
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6454279
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=11007074

If you are interested in this opportunity then please contact: features@teglobal.com

Please mention this post if you decide to register your interest in writing for this series.

Thank you.

2. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

You lost me there.

Do you give your earnings to the TES?

3. davidbowiefan

davidbowiefan Established commenter

What works really well involves quite a lot of effort.

Why won't the writer get paid for this effort?

4. Angelil

Angelil Occasional commenter

I'd like to (and have emailed) but by offering £100 to the school you assume that all schools will spend the money appropriately/on their students (which mine wouldn't). Would it be possible, if selected, to have the £100 in book vouchers (I buy a lot of resources out of my own pocket to use with my students), or to be able to donate the £100 to an education charity of the teacher's choice?

5. percy topliss

percy topliss Established commenter

I must say that this has me a little flummoxed. Why, if I write a piece about my day in school, would the school get paid for my work? Surely that is not the way it works in the real world. As someone has pointed out above, does the the TES pay itself to print its journalists work? Pretty indicative of what the TES thinks of teachers I feel. Mind you plenty of narcissists about who will probably want their 15 minutes of fame.

Nearly half term.

Perce

6. mikemcdonald25

mikemcdonald25 Occasional commenter

New picture Perce, what is the significance? A golondrina I am guessing?

7. percy topliss

percy topliss Established commenter

Almost, A Swift. Throwback to the Air Force days......

8. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

9. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

This is actually very very odd. Why don't you give it to the author of the piece?

10. gafleecey

gafleecey New commenter

A colleague did this last year. Although it was published and is still available of the website, the school never received the money.

11. Angelil

Angelil Occasional commenter

I submitted an enquiry by email, which was answered quite quickly, with an indication that they would be interested in my experiences. I wrote the article and submitted it on September 8th. Here we are on September 20th and not even an acknowledgement of receipt yet. It would just be nice to know if they are going to use it or not...