1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Bahrain-ians!!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by g44, Feb 3, 2011.

1. g44

g44

Thinking about moving to the gulf area, in particular Bahrain because of the climate. Was wondering if anyone living there right now could just let me know what it is like as a destination for a family? Things to do, lifestyle etc
    I ve seen the posts that come up on a search but some up to date info would be great!!

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Rather like the ar*e end of Sharjah I have been told by friends who live there.

3. Some people rave about Bahrain's climate but that's because they enjoy living in air-con 24/7 for 340 days of the year and sweating their shirts off on the short walks between air-conditioned homes / cars / schools / cars / malls / cars / homes... Yes, it's sunny almost every day and but it's not like you're having fun in the sun. Most of the time it's just too stinking hot to be outside.

4. ceviche

ceviche New commenter

There may also be the minor issueof civil unrest to factor into your decision-making.