1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Callimg all year 6 teacher

Discussion in 'Primary' started by callum97, Aug 28, 2011.

1. So I am planning for the theme 'Fiction accompanied by its adaptation for film or TV'.
    I was wondering if any teacers had any titles which children especially loved and enjoyed. I had suggestions but the dvds were all pg. Is it only u we can show?

Thanks for any help

2. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Goodnight, Mister Tom?
    The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe?
    Harry Potter?
    Lemony Snickett?
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
    If you wish to show a PG film, send a letter home to parents to ask permission. I'd imagine very few Year 6 parents would object. Many of the parents of my Year 6s buy their children 18 rated games and films anyway!

3. Ahh brilliant. I wasnt sure whether you could send a letter home but that would solve some problems, not many films are u's that are suitable for the topic.
    The previous teacher did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but I imagined most children would be aware of this topic. Although a very fun and interesting book.
    Harry Potter is a bit long for the time limit I have and Narnia is a topic for after Christmas.
    Thanks very much for your ideas

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Stormbreaker.

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Stormbreaker - Anthony Horowitz

6. Yes Stormbreaker was a suggested text from the county.
    Not familiar with the story so need to read to before I plan

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

When you send the letter home, word it such that it is a "If you have any concerns then please contact your child's class teacher" rather than asking for approval slips. No-one ever bothers to complain, but many would not bother to send back a slip.