1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Call out to science leaders please. What do schools have to submit regarding science?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chubbyone, Apr 27, 2017.

1. chubbyone

chubbyone Occasional commenter

What information do primary schools have to submit regarding science at each key stage? I know that at the end of reception they have to submit the ELG in UW but does a school have to submit any data for key stage 1 and 2 now?
    I know the optional SATS in science are every 2 years and if you get chosen the data is anonymous ( schools are not names).
    Anyone offer any advice please?

2. gerdmuller

gerdmuller New commenter

We had a coding system last year for working towards , expected etc. and it was just handed into the school office on a sheet and sent off to the big data monster at the local authority.

Before that it was a levels grid where a teacher judgement as made and submitted with other TA data collections to the authority.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Ummm isn't it a bit late to be asking this now?

Surely schools work towards this all year?

4. chubbyone

chubbyone Occasional commenter

Sorry, should have made it clearer in my question. Yes got information for formative and summative assessment info for science throughout the academic year, just want clarification on what needed to to be given over to the LEA if any. Just a comment someone made the other day about having to give data for RAISE online purposes and I have not had to do this , queried it with the others and said no.

5. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Really? You mean they don't just make it up?

Pomz and caterpillartobutterfly like this.
  6. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

7. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Your friend may have been talking about the return schools make to validate the RAISE/Ofsted Dashboard data. This is unrelated to the initial reporting of Science TAs.

8. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Forgot to mention KS1 need to report in the same way!

9. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Oh yes, everyone makes those judgments; all the individual statements, for every child! Of course they do :)

10. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I repeat, it is now very late to suddenly wonder what data to collect and how.
    @Pomz just confirmed this should have been started months ago.

Or your year six teacher can just make it up!

11. drvs

drvs Star commenter

:eek: