1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Call for ideas!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Chubacka, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Hello, 2 weeks to go!!
    Before then, I have a ks2 class assembly coming up on the Ancient Greeks. Any ideas as to what sort of things to put in? It has to be a maximum 15 mins (which doesn't seem like a long time but it is)
    Haven't started writing it yet, so jst collecting ideas at this stage.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas shared.

Chubb.

2. Hello, 2 weeks to go!!
    Before then, I have a ks2 class assembly coming up on the Ancient Greeks. Any ideas as to what sort of things to put in? It has to be a maximum 15 mins (which doesn't seem like a long time but it is)
    Haven't started writing it yet, so jst collecting ideas at this stage.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas shared.

Chubb.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Give the kids a shock by letting them know that one day they'll be seen as 'ancient' too! It's amazing how many people believe that the Ancients thought of themselves as such.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

I suppose your username should have told me that you'd be at home with such an idea.[​IMG]
    Seriously, I'd want to get it across that one day we'll be Ancient too!

5. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Perhaps you could link this to the Olympic Games and get the kids to act out the various events and how they have influenced the games today ... not necessarily naked though!

Carrie [​IMG]

6. haha, that would be one way to make it memorable.
    Thanks thats a good idea.