1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Call centre or teaching!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Monty1942, May 19, 2012.

1. For the 6th time in 4 weeks-i never got the job! I am so gutted and above all else deflated! I have got nothing out of teaching, apart from rejection and questions about whether it's for me! I have never questioned myself, reflected or worked as hard or as long on anything more my PGCE-but for nothing! Packing it in all together, got a job interview for a call centre-if I get it am taking it! I just cannot take it any more!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, that's really quite devastating to have so many disappointments in such a short time frame and you must be feeling quite uderconfident just at the moment! You've hardly had time to catch your breath from one disappointment before the next hit you.
    Give yourself some time to recover and get your confidence back. A job with money coming in regularly, with colleagues might well be 'just what you need' to do that and then you can look again with a 'fresh pair of eyes' in the future.
    So here's something to cheer you up and console you in the meantime.
    [​IMG]