1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calendars to make with Y3/4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by beethan31, Dec 5, 2011.

1. beethan31

beethan31 New commenter

For them to take home as a gift to parents for 2012 (so not Christmassy).
    Anyone got any ideas? I was starting to think about something in the style of an artist?? Or something ICT based? I've been ill for the last 5 days and my brain is mush!

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Just stopping by as I'm having the same problem with my Y3s. I don't want to do the four seasons, but if I can't think of anything else, then so help me, I will! When I canvassed my chn's opinions, their ideas were, well, pretty stoopid. Either Santas or karate kids, mostly! So I'm not going to give them a free choice!
    We just did Winter Trees artwork, charcoal on white paper, looked lovely. Suppose could do the tree in all four seasons. Dunno if it's right to do something so similar so soon. Suppose I could frame it: 'Your work was so beautiful, I think it would be the perfect thing to take home and give as a present...'
    Also, my year colleague recently did some lovely artwork: autumn leaves, in paint, by pointilism. That might be a nice way of doing it, assuming she doesn't mind my stealing her idea! Maybe the tree in all 4 seasons - pink blossom for spring, green leaves in summer, orange leaves in autumn and the bare branches for winter. Would this be too complex for pointilism, though? My colleague's class just did a single LEAF!
    Anyway. Yeah, it's really hard to come up with smthg for this!

3. Maybe pastels....................

4. beethan31

beethan31 New commenter

I've now started on a bit of a weaving theme!! Random I know, but I think we've got a load of wool that was donated to school. Or maybe paper weaving - that looks nice and is perhaps easier. I'm trying to do something that's easy and doesn't take too long but is not TOO easy seeing as they are Y3/4.
    Pointillism's a nice idea...