1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Calculating in Nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by whowhatwhy, Jul 15, 2011.

1. I am currently trying to raise the profile of calculating in our nursery and would really appreciate some input from others as I dont teach nursery.
    I have been searching for some mathematical activites and have found the gov. published booklet which has some helpful ideas in but wondered if anyone had any hints/tips/ideas they could share?
    The idea is that calculating opportunities will be planned for more than they currently are and that adults will be able to find more evidence that children are calculating. I spent some time in nursery observing and found loads going on but would like a pointers sheet or key language sheet or something to give to staff so they can refer to it and understand how to develop play through questioning or what to look for in play.
    I am in the process of making something but wondered if anyone had, or could point me in the direction of, a document that might help.
    Sorry it is a bit waffly - am v. tired and ready for hols!

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter